SIMSBURY YOUTH HOCKEY ASSOCIATION (SYHA) INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Amended Februray 2017
GAMES - IF SIMSBURY IS THE HOME TEAM
- Head Coach/Game Scheduler needs to communicate with Coach/Game Scheduler of visiting team as early as possible.
- Should game need to be canceled, notify Kelle Becconsall Cell: 860-559-2780 immediately so that she can cancel referees and let rinks know.
- If canceled game is mandatory CHC league game, the game scheduler needs to work with the visiting game scheduler and Brandy Forward to look for available make up dates and ice.
- At no time should Friday night ice be purchased for makeup games unless all other avenues have been exhausted.
GAMES - IF SIMSBURY IS THE VISITING TEAM
- Head Coach / Game Scheduler needs to communicate with the home team Coach/ Game Scheduler as early as possible or previous evening.
- Should game be cancelled and is a mandatory league game, the Simsbury scheduler needs to work with home team scheduler on makeup date.
- We need to be flexible and makeup mandatory games when we can. That may be an inconvenient time for us, but all mandatory games must get played.
- If the only available makeup time means you have two games on one day, permission needs to be granted by President or VP, on Ice OPs before final scheduling is allowed.